Palace hopes signing of 2011 budget this year

12/03/2010 - MALACANANG is optimistic that the proposed P1.645-trillion national budget for 2011 will be fully-processed and signed by President Benigno Aquino III before the year ends.
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte on Thursday welcomed the approval of the 2011 national budget in the Senate Wednesday night. The budget includes the P21-billion allocation for the conditional cash transfer (CCT) program under the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD). Valte stressed the need for the immediate passage to “implement vital infrastructure and social investment programs and other reform thrusts of the government”.
“We would like to thank Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile, Senator Franklin Drilon and the other senators for their quick and efficient work on the budget,” the Palace spokesperson said. She added that they are happy that the proposed budget remained intact. Several senators meanwhile expressed opposition against the budget cuts on state universities and colleges and suggested for its increase instead. Valte said it is the discretion of the senators on what will be the final form of the budget after the bicameral committee in Congress. “We are hoping that the President can sign the budget on the last week of December,” she noted. Last month, the House of Representatives also approved the proposed budget, keeping intact the allocations in social services such as the CCT program and special provisions promoting transparency and accountability . (Sun Star)

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Popular

Contribute

To post articles, please contact us at king4tech@gmail.com. Thank you!
item